Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yummy Apricot fruit roll ups

A fellow member of we teach shared this recipe for homemade fruit roll-ups from familygo.com.  This recipe was so simple but you have to start it early in the day!


Combine 8 oz of dried fruit with 1 1/2 C water and simmered on the stove for approx. 30 minutes to soften the fruit.  Then puree and spread onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil coated with non-stick spray.  The 2nd time I made this, I used an icing spatula which made it much easier to get a thin even layer of fruit. The 1st time I made these, I didn't get an even layer and the thicker spots stayed mushy.  


Bake for appox. 30 minutes at 250 F.  Turn off oven and leave fruit in oven for 8 hours.



Peel fruit off foil and set sticky side down on wax paper then cut into strips. These are a huge hit in my house!  I can't wait to try other fruits and Quirky Momma's version which uses frozen fruit , sugar, and flax seed.  

1 comment:

  1. Love them! Thanks for taking such clear pictures! I even love the curls you made. We just have ours laying flat.

    ReplyDelete