Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cooking and Counting

I needed to make a dessert to bring to a friend's house so Bam and I whipped up some chocoholic mint truffle kissed biscotti from picky-palate.

This quickly turned into a counting exercise.  I laid out all of the ingredients and gave him the ingredients list.  Next he counted all the ingredients and then the number of ingredients to see if they matched.
The recipe calls for kisses so I gave Bam the job of unwrapping the kisses.  While unwrapping he started counting,  he needs to work on counting above 20 so this was a good exercise.  Finally I helped him out to speed things up.  
As always Bam had fun helping. Fortunately Bob was asleep and I was not in a rush.  Everyone enjoyed the biscotti.      

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Ris! You have inspired me to try and do one too! I may need some advice. Thought since I have one special needs child that I might have something to offer someone! Your blog looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete