Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baking a birthday cake

Tonight we are celebrating Daddy's birthday so the boys and I had to make a cake.  Bam wanted me to make a dump truck or an excavator cake.  I suggested we do something a little simpler.  We decided on a car cake. Before we start baking we had to get things set up:




This a common fixture in my kitchen--the two chairs because Bob must have one too.


Bob really wanted to help today so I gave each one a task.


When I started assembling the car, the cake completely fell apart and I could not ice it.  The cake was too light and fluffy.  Since I did not take any pictures of my disaster, I will post Bam's firetruck birthday cake instead


Note to self, use the eggless, milkless chocolate cake recipe when making 3-D cakes.  It is a much denser cake.

1 comment:

  1. My kids drag over the kitchen chairs too. Thanks for commenting on my post. Looks like you have a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete