Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Story Bag


We are always reading books, but I thought it would be fun to start creating stories together.  So I bought a bunch of these already painted shapes at Michael's (less than $1 a piece) to guide our stories.  The first time we did this activity, I had Bam pick a shape out of the bag to start the story --he picked a car so the story started..once upon a time we went on a road trip.  Then Bob picked a lighthouse--to see a lighthouse, but we had to get out of the car and hike to the lighthouse.  Each one took a turn.  We enjoyed this activity so much that I want to buy some more.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly which pieces you're talking about. I might need to get some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! I just might steal it and use it in my first grade classroom!!

    ReplyDelete