Monday, March 1, 2010

Ice Skater

This is a fun experiment (Bam loves using this word) with ice. The boys pushed the skater across the table and watched it slide and spin as the ice melted.




Fill a dixie cup with about 3/4 full of water. I used a larger cup but the smaller cup matches the younger children's attention span.  Cover the cup with foil, make a hole in the foil, and place a craft stick through the hole.  Place filled cup in freezer.  I colored a little ice skater picture and glued it to the craft stick.  

Bob kept saying uh oh because the ice was melting which was pretty cute.  He also kept trying to dry off the table.  All in all, this was a fun activity. 







1 comment:

  1. Oh, that would be so fun. If you want, why don't you link over to my Science Sunday post, on Sunday.
    I wonder if I have any dixie cups now.

    ReplyDelete