Sunday, June 20, 2010

building electrical circuits


Last summer, Grandpa gave us this electrical circuit kit during one of his visits.  Over that weekend, Grandpa played with it a lot but Bam showed no interest in it until just recently.  Bam dug this kit out and is loving it.  The booklet has lots of different projects to build.  Our kit is similar to this one (not quite as many components, but I am sure that I will be buying more components soon): 



Our first project was Morse Code


Then we made a voice recorder--huge hit with both boys!!


Bam and Bob also liked the water and salt water tester


The recommended age for this toy is 8-13 years old.  I have been having Bam find the components in the box (each component type has a number or letter and number identifier) and then I help him place them on the labeled grid.  The boys and I have been swamped with morning and afternoon swim lessons and family obligations lately. One more crazy week and then the boys and I can do more exploring and other fun activities.  




4 comments:

  1. I have to get this soon. Looks like so much fun and educational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the snap circuit kit for my nephew, I'm betting fairly soon my kids will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know those are worth getting - I've looked at them before, but always been unsure if they'd be educational, or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Electrifying fun! (Well, not really, because if that was true, I am sure no parent would let their child play with it...just a pun for fun!)

    ReplyDelete